January 2012 Meeting
The January 2012 meeting of LRUG will be on Monday the 9th of January, from 6:30pm to 8:00pm. Our hosts Skills Matter will be providing the space, at their offices on Goswell Road; The Skills Matter eXchange. It's a great space with plenty of room for the group, but you still need to register to let Skills Matter know you are coming.
Chris McGrath: I18n
Chris McGrath says:
The talk is about lessons learned localising a rails app into nine different languages. It will cover:
- Why we localised our app
- Why you might want to use rails i18n even if you're only planning one language
- A little bit about how the i18n gem works for those unfamiliar with it
- Common problems you'll have and ways to work around them
Joe Corcoran: Judge
Joe Corcoran says:
- Judge: Client-side form validation in Rails 3
- Skills Matter : London Ruby User Group: Judge: Client side form validation for rails 3
The night doesn't end at 8pm after the talks though. Oh No!. We're a fun-lovin' gang so we head over to The Slaughtered Lamb to have a few drinks and continue the ruby chatter well into the night. If you can't make the talks you really should come along for the pub.
Skills Matter prefer that you register your attendance with them if you are coming to the meeting. There's plenty of space so you'll get in if you forget, but it is polite (don't forget MINASWAN), so please do register.
You can also follow this meeting on lanyrd, but be aware this is not a meaningful way to tell Skills Matter you wish to attending. It's just for the lols, innit?
Posted by Murray Steele on Dec 19, 2011