February 2014 Meeting
The February 2014 meeting of LRUG will be on Monday the 10th of February, from 6:30pm to 8:00pm. Our hosts Skills Matter will be providing the space, at their offices on Goswell Road; The Skills Matter eXchange. It's a great space with plenty of room for the group, but you still need to register to let Skills Matter know you are coming.
February is our annual lightning talk evening and as usual we're using the 20x20 format for the talks. If you've never encountered this format before it's when the speaker has 20 slides that auto-transition after 20 seconds, giving them a total of 6 minutes and 40 seconds in which to get their point across.
Our volunteers for 2014 are:
- Camille Baldock - Visually representing memory leaks in Ruby applications
- Alice Bartlett - Five facts about smell
- Nat Buckley - 10 things i hate about your documentation
- Tom Cartwright - AngularJS for rubyists
- Daniel Cooper & Jeremy Tapp - a conversation between a developer and a manager
- Swathi Kantharaja - Create your own blog using jekyll
- Gerhard Lazu - Docker & Ansible: The Path to Continuous Delivery
- Pablo Brasero Moreno - FirefoxOS on Rails
- Despo Pentara - Open Source, how to get started
Once we finish up with the talks we head over to The Slaughtered Lamb to continue the evening in more informal, if admittedly slightly noisier surroundings. If you can't make it for the talks feel free to pop along to the pub for about 8pm, which is when we usually finish up.
The nice people at ReThink Recruitment are buying some drinks at the pub after the talks. Thanks!
To secure a place at the meeting you must register with our hosts Skills Matter. It helps to make sure we have the room laid out with enough chairs, and in extreme cases that we get priority on the larger rooms over other groups using the space on the same night. Also, it's polite (don't forget MINASWAN), so please do register with Skills Matter.
You can also follow this meeting on lanyrd, but this is not a meaningful way to tell Skills Matter you wish to attend. It's just for the lols, innit?
Posted by Murray Steele on Jan 27, 2014